The Holiday Season is my favorite time of year. The air is crisp, the peppermint mocha’s are flowing, my favorite feel good Holiday Movie’s are on TV 24-7 and of course spending time with loved one’s. As much as all of that stuff gets my Holiday Spirit flowing faster than Ralphie shooting his eye out with his Red Rider BB Gun, there’s one other thing that I look forward to every Holiday Season, “Holiday Housing Hibernation.”
What exactly is “Holiday Housing Hibernation?” Well, if you’re in the Real Estate industry, or just like following the market, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about, just never put a name to it. Simply put, “Holiday Housing Hibernation” is when Buyers, Sellers and even some Real Estate Professionals, take the Holiday Season off until the Spring. Of course, it makes sense right? The days are shorter, the weather is getting colder, and our fiscal priorities are focused elsewhere.
But why is “Holiday Housing Hibernation” one of my favorite parts of the Holidays? Well, if everyone is hibernating my job as a Manufactured Home Dealer much easier. I get to meet more client’s and cure more folks who suffer from this Seasonal affliction. Here are 4 signs and remedies, for those who’d like to avoid “Holiday Housing Hibernation.”
- Black Friday Without The Line’s – Whether you’re in the market to purchase a Traditional or Manufactured home, there’s nothing more frustrating than finding a home either online or while you’re driving, to only find out that it’s either a sale pending or already been sold. During Holiday Housing Hibernation, the competition can be much less, giving you the opportunity to make an offer.
- Most Wonderful Time – When you finally make the decision to sell your home, choosing the right person to represent you needs to be priority number one, and our agents at Helping Hand Equity understand this. The second most important thing is “Timing.” When I get a call from a potential client who is interested in selling their Manufactured Home, the first question is “What’s your time frame?” Frequently people are advised to wait until Spring or the Peak Season…. “Bah Humbug!” Listen, Smart Sellers and Buyers have a realistic time frame written down and shared with their representative’s and the Plan Of Action.
The Experts and Cousin Eddie – Over the years, I’ve heard this phrase more than any other, “Well, I heard from (fill in the blank here) on TV, and they said that people should wait to sell/buy a home until the Spring.” Or, “My Cousin Eddie/Edie, is a Realtor, and he/she told me to hold off until after Christmas because that’s when the market will get better” I hate to tell you this, but the only person who truly knows what the future of the housing market, is the Ghost of Christmas Future. Advice is fine, but only if you are listening to gain broad knowledge, not localized. This is why picking the right person to represent you, is so critical. The person you choose should have actually sold homes in your market, and or at least familiar with the Community you’re living in or looking for. Frosty Complex – Just like Frosty the Snowman, some of those who suffer from “Holiday Housing Hibernation”see their chances of buying or selling melt away. This is not a scare tactic, but a reality check. Things change in Real Estate, often. And that probably goes double in the Manufactured Home World. Client’s are often shocked and sometimes upset, when they find out that what could have been 90 days ago, has evaporated. Think about these few things below.
- Market Changes.
- lenders increase interest rates or tighten up loan qualifications.
- Manufactured Home Communities, tighten up application requirements.
- Unforeseen damage to the home. (Mold, Broken Pipes, Critters, Roofing, etc.)
So, if you’re thinking about selling your home this winter, don’t hesitate to call a professional. Ask them if they are familiar with “Holiday Housing Hibernation”, and if they say, “Yes”, it might be worth a phone call.
Contact us today at 360-215-7372 and visit us at www.helpinghandequity.com